Saturday, April 25, 2015

Post-Midterm Relaxation

Sorry again for not having any posts up the last few weeks.  I was very busy studying for midterms which are a very big deal here.  In the US, I had never really had a true midterm before, and I have never really had a final or test worth more than 20% of my final grade.  All of my midterms were worth at least 35% of my final grade, so I have never felt the pressure on an exam like I did this past week.  I think I did pretty well on all of them (I already got one score back which was a 92 so yay!).
The first thing I did after getting done with finals was head out to Insadong to go hit some baseball in the batting cages as a stress release.  After this, we went to eat one of the most famous mandu (dumplings) in Seoul.

The rest of the day was spent on relaxing, so we did not really do anything until Saturday.  On Saturday, we all decided to go with some Korean buddies of ours and go see the Cherry blossoms that just started to bloom in Seoul.  


A funny thing that happened during our time at the cherry blossoms was one of my roommates, Lei, decided to take my hat, and he called himself a true Chinese gangster (he's Chinese).  

After a long day looking at the flowers. we decided to relax and cool down at the movie theater to see Avengers: Age of Ultron which had just been released.  This movie was extremely packed because a good part of the movie was filmed in Seoul.  It was really cool to get to see some of the buildings and areas I have explored show up on the big screen.  

To end the night, we decided to do one of the most Korean things we could do..... a face mask.  These are all the rage in Korea.  Most Koreans actually do 5-6 of these masks a week to keep their complexion.  

It was kind of hard to use with my facial hair, but my face felt great after nonetheless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment